25 January 2008

siena

Probably my favorite place in the world. The weather is gorgeous. The facade of the Duomo is uncovered to reveal all its glory and splendor. I met up with some old Italian friends (one of which I'm staying with) and some new Americans in the study abroad program here. I'm showing a few around Siena to all my favorite places.

Charlie's Pizza. San Paolo. Chianti Classico. SOBS.

Everything amazing that exists here. I saw Silvia, my old site director, and her new baby girl. I bought some absolute necessities from the Kappa store... all of which were an amazing deal. And besides, I'm not paying for a room for like 4 nights so it's pretty much like those things bought themselves and just showed up in my hands.

And yes, I finally broke down and I know have a cell phone. Without which, much of the aforementioned meetings with old and new friends could not of happened. Country code 39 and number 339 466 5257. You figure out the rest from where ever you are.

I'm staying away from the Tavernello this time around but Il Campo is just as amazing as ever. I could spend another 4 to 20 months here. More favorite spots to visit... bars, cafès, restaurants, pizzerias, sites, buildings, monuments, people, vino.

And I even visited my old house... now inhabited by 4 girls in the program. The TV still gets CNN and BBC World (I hadn't heard English news in weeks) and of course MTV and AllMusic plus EuroSport and Daffy Duck cartoons. My old dictionary was on the shelf with the rest of the books. It still works.

No comments: