11 January 2008

where have i been?!?!?

After New Years and a few days in Roma, I traveled south to Atrani on the Amalfi coast. It actually just walking distance from the city of Amalfi, but it's smaller and quiter and less touristy... and amazing. A few days on the coast there and then I headed for Sicilia. Got on a train that headed south where the train got on a boat and went across the ocean and then the train got off and continued on across northern Sicilia.

I got off in Milazzo and got on a boat the next morning for the Aeolian Islands. I stayed in Lìpari, hiked down to the crater of a volcano on Vulcano, and saw another volcano on Stromboli spew lava in the pitch black darkness of the night sky... absolutely amazing and terrifying all at once... especially as you could hear it growl from inside the earth as it shot lava into the air.

Now I'm in Catania, back on mainland Sicilia, and will be here for another day before I head further south to Siracusa. Having a blast as the weather has been gorgeous the entire time... but I think it might rain for the first time tomorrow. Spero di no... ciao ragazzi. Ci sentiamo.

No comments: