18 May 2008

colazione americana

This morning I made my roommates a true American breakfast... well it wasn't quite eggs, hashbrowns, and piles of sausage links with crispy bacon. I thought I'd ease them in a bit, because I wasn't even sure how maple syrup would be received.

We made pancakes (from the mix Ashly sent me for my birthday) topped with Mrs. Butterworth's. We also had a fruit salad with fresh strawberries, bananas, and kiwi to eat on the side or on top. Still the closest thing they'd ever had before was a crêpe.

They really enjoyed it and like the marionberry jam my parents brought from Oregon. We determined that there is no word for marionberry in Italian but that it's not too different from a mora, which would be something like our wild blackberry. Adesso sono bello pieno.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

do you have one of those Moka Express to make coffee to go with your flapjacks? They look awesome. If I could find espresso.